Sunday 8 November 2009

Science - Part 2

I was just about to write this blog when I saw a letter in Frontline by Gillian Akkermans in reply to someone who castigated the appearance of homoeopathic courses in the Journal and, indeed, everything else that wasn't researched based. Part of her reply is " Just because we don't yet have proof does not mean that proof does not exist. It just means that our knowledge is limited. Thank heavens for those who push the boundaries to try and find answers. Rigidly following evidence-based practice is the death knell to innovation and I hope that there are members of my profession who will continue to push these boundaries so that physiotherapy will advance rather than stagnate."

Great stuff Gillian - could not have put it better myself

No comments:

Post a Comment