Thursday 19 July 2012

Acupuncture and Acupressure in India

I have just learnt through my 'Linked In' site that the Indian Government does not allow practise of acupuncture, acupressure or reflexology. The sub continent is reckoned to be the country where it all started before it transferred to mainland China about 5000 years ago. So if this information is correct it is absolutely amazing that therapies that are relatively cheap to do and with relatively few side effects cannot be practiced? I am slightly bemused with this information. I often receive emails from practitioners in India who comment on my books and ask specific questions about treating their patients with chakra puncture as well as TCM. I didn't realise that the government didn't allow practise, unless it is doctors (RMP) only. Does anyone else have any information on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment