Sunday 6 November 2011

Loose joints

I'm sure you have all come across clients and patients with loose or 'double' jointedness. I treated an ex army man this week for the second time who had very lax knee ligaments. He was able to hyperextend several cms. from the norm and he had very elastic cruciate ligaments. He'd been having knee pain for several years - the joint was never swollen but it was always 'pressurised'. When I had originally seen hi back in the summer, the predisposing cause of the knee pain was an old ankle sprain that hadn't resolved and even though he had been much improved since then he was still getting some discomfort.
Many years ago I was a practising homoeopath and used to give Nat. Mur. to help strengthen joints - the reason behind this is that loose joints are often associated with salt craving or a life long love affair with too much salt in the diet. Over a period of time the connective tissue become stretched. I asked him to take Nat. Mur. 6 (homoeopathic sodium chloride) for a couple of months. I would bet my mortgage that after this time his knee joints will be tighter and not prone to injury. Have a new look at all those peripheral joint problems with this peculiarity - it may be a solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment