Saturday 24 October 2009

Surgery and Couch

Just to let you all know that I have finally been booked in for surgery for my painful cervical spondylosis. It is to be at Newcastle General Hospital on 7th November and will be a bilateral double foraminotomy. I am hoping that it will greatly reduce the pain I have in my neck and arms even though it will not address the arthritis per se. Who cares though if I am in less discomfort. One of the positive things to look forward to is that I shall need fewer of the horrible pain relief drugs that I am forced to take at the moment - yippee!!

So I shall be taking a wee break from clinical and teaching until early January as I won't be able to lift anything - does that include washing up and hoovering?? It'll give me lots of time to work out my Spring workshops, write a couple of articles and start my book on The Holistic Spine.

So as to make my clinical work a bit easier, I have decided to buy a hydraulic couch. The portable one we have is good enough but it isn't the same as being able to adjust it. When we were in Devon several years ago we had FOUR of them (four treatment rooms) and wish now that we hadn't sold them all when we moved. So if anyone out there is wanting to off load a hydraulic couch that is surplus to requirements - PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Wow - just heard that Chesterfield have beaten Burton Albion 5-2 (must be an omen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment