Friday 17 December 2010

The Weather

Q: Why do the British talk about the weather so much? A: Because there is so much to talk about!! Here in the UK we are gripped in arctic weather with airports closed, roads closed and nothing getting through. I am presently looking at about 10cms. of snow outside my window and another blizzard is about to descend. I should have seen half a dozen patients today but all cried off - I accept it as one of the joys of self-employment! It looks as if this weather system is staying around for a couple more weeks until the new year. We were due to visit Portree on Monday for a Christmas lunch, but that is looking dodgy at the moment.

As many of you know I am a bit of a cricket nut. I'm busy in watching the ashes match from Perth W.A. at the moment. One of the nicest aspects is to watch players performing in 34 degrees C whilst outside here we are minus 5. I shall take advantage of my unexpected day off to write a few more golden words on the manuscript for the 'Light Touch Reflextherapy' book. I'm well into the 3rd chapter and it is beginning to take shape - I just need a publisher! I am also expecting a telephone consultation with my consultant neurosurgeon to see where we go from here with my cervical spine.

If I don't manage to write again before the festivities commence - have a great Christmas break and a happy new year ('hogmanay' here in Scotland)- JRC

No comments:

Post a Comment