Wednesday 17 March 2010

Update

Not a 'clinical' posting this time but to bring you up to date with the last week. I travelled to the Ammerdown Centre near Radstock, Bath (via Inverness, Birmingham and Bristol) to attend the annual conference of ACPEM - Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Energy medicine Fri-Sun. I have been with this group since its inception and they are a really lovely lot of like minded therapists. For my sins I was appointed the new Chairman so was kept busy with that. I had been warned in advance so it wasn't too much of a shock. I think, though I must have a masochistic streak in me wanting to take yet more work on! Many thanks to the brilliant Sally England for treating my neck! I travelled to Wokingham on Sunday evening to stay with Rodger Duckworth and his family. Rodger had wanted me to treat a few of his patients so he get my angle on things and my approach in looking at 5 disparate conditions. This was follows by a trip into London to catch the sleeper (a misnomer if ever there was one) from Euston to Inverness and home by early afternoon. Today I am still a bit brain dead before starting a couple of clinical days. All in all a very busy but productive time. Clinical stuff next blog at the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. John, it was delightful to meet you in Wokingham after hearing so much about you from Rodger. I have recently found your website and blog and have been reading with interest. I look forward to more of your clinical 'tips' and hope that I might be able to get on a course with you in the not-too-distant future. We had an interesting 'experiment' with vibration/ tuning forks in our IST last week - we managed to restore a colleagues' cervical rotation by holding a tuning fork on the spot identified by him as the location of end-range pain - full ROM & pain gone! I wonder if you have any info or thoughts on their use. This is completely new stuff to me.

    I do hope your neck is recovering well.

    Kind regards,
    Claire Breeze MCSP

    ReplyDelete