Friday 14 September 2012

Surgery - Part two

As a physiotherapist, I have often had to deal with the effects of what scar tissue can do to the patient. Most surgeons don't know of the existence of energy lines, meridians and reflexes and often poo-poo the idea of anything that is 'more' that the physical body on which they have operated. Surgery has come on in leaps and bounds, though, from the butchery of 100 years ago. Key hole surgery has been a revelation and I personally can attest to a very successful key hole hiatus hernia operation. The scar tissue that is always residual from any surgery varies enormously in size and tissue consistency and quite often does not cause any problems. The therapist must be aware though during the initial consultation that if the patient/client utters those immortal words -'I've never been well since my operation', then you must start to think that deep or superficial scar tissue has effected the person's energy flow. Patients often describe being extremely tired and having 'brand new' symptoms to what they had pre surgery. Let me give you an example of a patient I saw recently.

Male in his mid 30's who had been suffering from depression, lethargy and anxiety. He had been diagnosed (apart from depression) with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Iris and tongue diagnosis told me that his kidney, bladder and spleen energies were low for someone of his age. I then asked him about any surgery he had had- he told me that as a child he had surgery on his scrotum (hydrocele), he had also had the 'snip'. That would explain how his kidney and spleen energies were depleted as both meridians would have been affected. I gave him a couple of treatments (explained in next blog) and he is feeling  much better.

I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to re-establish meridian harmony following surgery and also how deep and superficial scar tissue affects meridian flow. It is very real!!!! Next blogs will show how to resolve this through acupressure/reflexology and massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment